Kolding appointed ‘business municipality of the year’.
Kolding has climbed all the way to the top of the list of good business regions.
The top score has been reached by doing many things right at the same time, e.g.:
- high number of companies compared to the population
- high earnings on corporate taxes
- many new companies establishing themselves in Kolding
- many employees in Kolding compared to the number of inhabitants
The municipality of Kolding further wants to strengthen research, development and education. Business Kolding aim to stay no. 1 by following the strategies: Denmark’s best Business Service, Western Denmark’s most attractive trade region, international attractions and events. The House of Innovation, which our group will visit this month, is a part of Business Kolding.
In Denmark two geographic growth centers can be identified, one in Central Jutland (Midtjylland) and the other around the capital Copenhagen. This image has also applied last year, but unlike last year, the winning municipality this year located in the Central Jutland. Kolding has managed to climb four places up the list according to Børsen.
Top 10 business communities of the year: 1. Kolding, 2. Copenhagen, 3. Ikast-Brande, 4. Albertslund, 5. Horsens
6. Hedensted, 7. Rudersdal, 8. Ringkøbing-Skjern, 9. Høje-Taastrup, 10. Køge